Back at Christmas, I had talked with two friends, Tyler & Ally, about Anne's and my rough plans for our post Korea trip. They'd traveled through SE Asia not long before, and urged me to do the 'Flight of the Gibbon', a ziplining course through the jungle tree tops Northern Thailand, not far out of Chiang Mai. I'd never ziplined before, and was nervous that my weight would be an issue, but they both assured me that, 1)- I was being ridiculous and my weight would definitely NOT be an issue, and 2)- That I would have an amazing frikkin time!!!!
On Tueday, Anne and I went and checked it out for ourselves. And.... It was AWESOME!!!!! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area. The staff were funny, professional, very safety conscious- and cute to boot!! ^ ~
There were a few emotional hurdles for me that day (which I spoke about a little in a previous post), but I won't delve into them here. Those tough moments aside, it was a great day!
Anne and I met a couple with 3 kids, who work at an international school in Singapore, and who were obviously had a lot of love for each other. It was great to be around them. The youngest boy, who was 6, was fearless and very keen to be first on the lines, despite how daunting the first couple looked!
We saw a family of gibbons, who had recently welcomed a baby! Anne was a little upset because we had a bet about how many there would be- she'd predicted 3, and if she was right, I'd buy dinner. Being the kindhearted 너니 that I am, I bought her dessert as a consolation.
The zipline course had 18 lines, with the longest being 800 meters. This was my favourite one, as there was time to really enjoy the fact that I was flying through the air like George of the Jungle! (And also because I picked up a bit of speed compared to the shorter lines). The course took about 3 hours to get through, and by the end, we were all pretty tired. We had lunch across the road, prepared by some local women, went to see an anticlimactic waterfall, then headed back to town. The activity was expensive, considering our penny pinching budget, but sooooo worth it!
Oh yeah, and there was that one thing where I totally ripped a hole in my new yoga pants AND underwear and Anne was faced with my bare ass- nbd~








We are so glad you had an amazing time flying with us! And you got to see the baby! Your pictures are great too, with all the smiles :) Flight of the Gibbon
ReplyDelete