After being in transit for about 20 hours, Anne and I finally arrived at our awesome hostel, 'Glur', in Ao Nang.
Knowing that we'd be feeling a little emotional after leaving Korea, we treated ourselves to a private room, which was only a few dollars more than a dorm bed. We arrived around 8 or 9 (my brain had checked out so im just guessing at times) and our room wasn't available yet, so we stashed our backpacks in a room that had a random pussems and chilled out in the common area. The hostel is fairly new and really well thought out. They have free wifi and also offer fresh fruit, purified water and toast or muesli for brekky.
We didn't have to wait long before the room was ready. Both Anne and I dumped our stuff in the room and made a bee line for the showers. The shower and toilets are communal, but really clean and spacious. I did some laundry in the shower too - 2 full days (at least) in the same clothes = gross! Clean and refreshed, we took a 3 hour nap then headed into town for lunch and to get our bearings. Our hostel is a 15-20 minute walk to the beach and checked out the food and goods on offer along the way. The beach is perfect! A little busy but now crowded - I don't think I will ever consider a beach crowded after experiencing Haeundae beach in the summer!
We're taking it easy tonight as we' re still a little tired and both are sporting swollen sausage toes. Luckily we have a sandwich place attached to the hostel, so dinner will be easy.
Our game plan for tomorrow is- massage,beach,eat all the things, nap.....
Life is good!!!!!

Are you going to Railay or Tonsai Beach by chance?! They're right next to AoNang!
ReplyDeleteNo idea, just looking at that now. Anywhere you'd recommend staying?
ReplyDeleteWhoot Whoot! So excited for you!! I've got lots of desk warming and am excited to read your blog!
ReplyDelete