We've spent the last 3 nights in Klong Kong, Koh Lanta. It's a lot less busy than Ao Nang was, and has everything you could want- beautiful, clean beaches with pristine water, delicious food (we've been eating at 2 places, mostly- 'mom's kitchen and Thang......(I can't remember actually, but it's next door to Mom' Kitchen), and really great coffee!

We're staying at a small place called Just Come, run by a couple, Rob & Mem, and their precocious daughter, Stella. Turns out, Rob's also from Melbourne! The place is across the road from the beach and has amazingly comfortable beds! We booked a basic room with double bed ( you know how Anne likes to snuggle!), cos it was the cheapest on offer, but the first night a pipe under the sink burst, so we were moved into a bigger room with 2 double beds- awesome! They also have amazing coffee, which we've been taking advantage of everyday with brekky!
Yesterday we took a tuktuk down to the next beach, Klong Ning(sp?) for 100baht and spent the entire day there. The beach across from our hostel was nice, but this was gorgeous!!!!Restaurants lined the beach, but there weren't many people and the water was clear. We parked our butts at Richy's (a restaurant on the beach) and spent the day reading, playing farkle and eating great Thai food. At one point someone was playing guitar and at another I could hear someone playing harmonica.
Lazing there, listening to the chill music and looking our at the water I couldn't help but think about the awesome life I have and how lucky I am!Reminding myself of the recent awesomeness of my life helped me keep calm when my kindle died and I got a message from Sal saying my MacBook had arrived in Melbourne- with a smashed screen.... Upsetting events, but when balanced out with all the good stuff happening for me at the moment, barely a blip on the radar. The kindle can be replaced and my MacBook was insured through DHL - everything will get sorted and in the meantime, I'm living a very lucky, nomadic life and island hopping with my het life partner!
![]() |
| RIP ol' girl. I'll miss you! |



No comments:
Post a Comment