So, we're on a small island, near Langkawi, called Lipe. (Its by the 'stash)
There are 2 main beaches and a 'walking street' that connects them. The water here is stunning! It's the perfect temperature and so clear you can see the bottom- or the fish that are swimming around!
We had originally booked a bunk at Lipe Backpackers, but decided that 2 toilets for 16 people, which you had to walk through another dorm to get to, and no lockers, just wasn't our thang~ guess we're gettin old^^ Anyway, we walked around the island for a bit, feeling a little miserable cos we were missing Korea, the cheered ourselves up with some gelato and booked a private room at another hotel just off Pattaya beach.
Our current room is definitely a lot more comfortable than the backpackers. We've pretty much decided that we are nolonger dorm room people, and will look for cheap private rooms instead from now on. (We've actually had a lot of fun in dorms in the past and met some really great people, but climbing up and down the bunks to pee 50 times a night takes the shine off it these days and Anne has developed a habit of emptying the contents of her pack all over the room^^)
With our accommodation sorted, we have basically spent the past 2 days like this;
brekky of muesli with yoghurt and fresh fruit- pineapple, mango, watermelon, apple, and a coffee, beach time, lunch at a place that makes their own bread and the most amazing potato salad, down time at the hotel, go find dinner, in bed by 9. I know, we're ragers, huh?!^^
Tomorrow we leave Lipe for Phuket. We're taking the ferry, for 2200baht, and are preparing ourselves for the 8 hour ride.
* two things that have been on my mind the last couple of days
1) Anne is funny. I have laughed sooooo much in the last couple of days. (Sometimes when I probably shouldn't have- like when a cute puppy bit her) I really treasure the great friends I have, and I appreciate the rainbows and unicorns and sunshine they bring into my days, it balances out my grumpy tendencies!
2) Being at all of these beaches brings my thoughts and feelings about bodies- mine and everyone else's, to the surface. I'm not happy with my body. Mostly because of what I think other people will think of it. This is where I need to work extra hard with MMB. Along the beach I see women of all shapes and sizes and I wonder how they feel about their bodies? Some women seem to cover themselves up as soon as they're out of the water and others meander around in their bikini, sometimes topless,seemingly without a care in the world...
I realize this- Bodies are bodies. We all have one and they're all different. The difference between a person being happy and/ or comfortable in their body is dependent on wether they accept there body as it is or not. It doesn't seem to matter if they're 'skinny', curvy, or if they have a badonkadonk. For me, I know that I've had some of the same issues with my body at my current weight, that I had when I was nearly 30 kilos lighter. I know that I need to stop fighting with myself and accept my body and stop making it a source of embarrassment, shame or unhappiness, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly- any suggestions?
(I do try repeating the Jameraquai mantra ' love your baaahdy' when I need a little confidence boost)


The beaches look gorgeous and your hotel is adorable! I just wish your pictures were BIGGER! They're a small 1inch x 1inch square on my ipad. :( miss you two!!!!
ReplyDeleteOne of the nuisances of blogging from my iPad! If I add photos when I post using the blogger app, I can't position them. So Ive been using pic collage to just add an assortment, but the quality of the pics is terrible....what to do??? When I try using blogger via Safari, it's so slow and I can rarely position the pics.
ReplyDeleteIt takes time! But checking yourself out in the mirror and telling yourself just one thing you like about your body is a place to start. What you're doing now is great, though! Keep it up and love yer bahh
ReplyDelete