Thursday, 3 March 2011

A quick rundown of the first 3 days at my new school!!!

New school is older than my last one, so this means:
-getting used to squat toilets again
-no hot water in the bathroom (brrr)
-not as much stress about how dirty or scuffed the walls, doors, furniture, desks get!!!


I have 3 English teachers- 2 are co-teachers, the other is head of the English Department. All are super friendly and a nice change to what I worked with at Oryukdo! All of the staff seem very relaxed and eager to make me feel welcome, which I greatly appreciate.
Here are a couple of tidbits from this week's conversations that I've enjoyed:

Music teacher: "My granddaughter is good at English. She is my lover"

(During a conversation about marriage to Korean men)-
CoT1: "Don't believe them. My husband deceived me!"
Head: "Ahh yes but, you should think about that you are so special. You are his choice. The most precious treasure he chose from all of the girls."
CoT 1: "I think- Why me??"

Head: "I think nowadays the wife tries to get too much power. If you show your husband respect and make him feel like he is the family leader, then he will think you are precious. The husband should love the wife, but the wife should respect the husband.  I have the love action with my husband then I ask 'oh please can you help me do this?' and he feels my love, so he helps me"
(Just me or anyone else feeling like Korea is stuck in the 50s???)

Finished off my first Friday with some Hersheys cookies n cream a 2nd grade student brought to my desk. nice-uh

No comments:

Post a Comment