As I said in an earlier post, I've been attempting to make 공나물국 (gongnamulguk - or - beansprout soup). Anne and I have it at a soju place in Kyungsung and LOVE it but mine didn't turn out right. I'd mentioned it to my co-teacher, 수진 (Su Jin) , who had mentioned it to her mum. Her mum made some for me for my lunch today and said that she would be happy to teach me how to cook some Korean dishes!!
I know that there are kind people in all parts of the world, certainly I've met with infinite amounts of kindness back home too- but, there is something about Koreans, particularly older Korean women that just makes my heart happy. While they may have pushed you out of the way for the lift, they also have such huge hearts that are just ready to reach out to others. As a foreigner, I know that people may treat me somewhat differently to the way they would treat another Korean person, but I still see this caring nature expressed among my Korean friends. It makes me happy ^^
PS- Some students told my co-teacher that I'm the funniest teacher they've had- yep, I'm really that amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment