Been having an amazingly wonderful, stupendous time with my new students and coworkers! I actually feel like the kids are learning here! There are so many awesome kids with stellar humours and I seriously love teaching them. I have 1 or 2 classes that are what you would expect of 5th or 6th grade (look like zombies doing their best to mentally block out the fact that they're in English class) but the rest are soooo fun!
All of my students have now experience their first taste of Vegemite ( well received by some- definitely NOT a favourite for others!) One student had tissue paper trying to scrape any missed particles out of his teeth and off his tongue :P
I went out with some Korean friends last night and chatted to Lynn, who lives on Jeju Island. Her English is really good and she seems like a really kind, outgoing woman. She was telling me about her time backpacking through the US by herself and other places she's travelled, and invited me to stay with her if I get the chance to visit Jeju-Do again. I definitely hope to take her up on that offer!
Later in the night the other women left (in hindsight, I probably should have too) and so it was just me and the guys. These Korean guys are sooo much fun. They are so adorable I just want to squeeze them. They don't have alot of confidence with English but really go out of their way to make sure I'm included and I love them for it! They are all, at least, in their late 30's, but still have fun like high school boys ^^ At one stage they were all sitting around the table discussing recipes for a soup I want to make. I wish I could describe them more so that other people could understand what it's like to hang out with them- I seriously laughed or smiled the entire night.
No comments:
Post a Comment