Friday, 31 May 2013

Stinkys

Unusual name for a business, huh? But this is what my sister and her partner have called their pet store! The store seems to be going amazingly well, and, being the animal lover that she is, the job suits my sister down to the bone. They have had a little trouble getting, and keeping, good staff, so I've been helping out a little at the store.
So far, I have established a feud with a quail that insists on throwing himself bodily at me whenever I try to get near his cage to change his food and water, and accidentally thrown a fish across the room , (don't worry, I picked him up and had him in his tank again quicksmart!). I've also held a baby python! I am horribly afraid of snakes,just seeing them on TV makes my skin crawl! So, I was being super brave by holding this one, even if it was just a baby.^^
I've really enjoyed the extra time being at the store has given me with my sister, and I've also enjoyed having something useful to do. Having the days to myself to watch TV and movies in my PJs is nice, but it got old real fast. Everyone else is at work, and I'm trying not to spend much while I'm home, and I've been getting bored. So, actually doing something productive has been good for me! It's also been nice to feel like I've been able to do something to help my sister, to try and make up a little for all of the time that I'm away...

(I had some pictures to add, but they keep uploading sideways, even though they're the right way up on my computer???)

No comments:

Post a Comment