Anywhoooo.... We're in Bali! Anne and I met up with Jacqui on the 2nd and we stayed in Legian, near Kuta, for a few nights. Our friend, Chris, who also taught in Korea a couple of years back, came and stayed with us for a couple of nights. It was great to hang out and catch up, though I think maybe we disappointed him with our lack of partying.
Legian was an ok area, it wasn't as touristy as Kuta, but still had a nice cafe, 'Tommy's', and plenty of stores. Having been traveling for a while now, Anne and I were keen to head to a more chilled area, so we hit up Ubud next. It turned out to be just what we needed! Plenty of shopping to be had, a pool at the hotel, and, most importantly, an assortment of cafes that catered to the needs of three vegetarians and a celiac! After a couple of days here, we decided that we were so comfortable that we didn't actually want to go anywhere else, so we're staying for another five days!!!
Yesterday we followed the directions of our trusty pal, Jill, and headed to Sari Organik. Sari Organik is a cafe out in the middle of stunningly lush rice fields. It grows its own organic rice and produce for the kitchen, is stylish and comfortable, has gorgeous views, and maintains affordable menu prices. I'm so glad we went!
On the way back, with the sun making its way to bed, the lines of palm trees looked just like the illustrations from Where the Wild Things Are! I'm convinced that Max travelled to Bali to party with the fierce creatures !!!
We have no set plans for our remaining days here, but I'm envisioning days filled with great food, swimming in the pool, and lots of reading! I've been reading a lot of poetry lately, and am a little obsessed with T.S Eliot at the minute.
T-6 days till I head back to the real world.






No comments:
Post a Comment