Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Happies from the interwebs^^

Sometimes, when things get a bit intense with the doom and gloom in my head, I need to give myself a jolt of happy (and I don't mean the jolt of happy you get from a B.O.B). Sometimes my thoughts just start heading down a dark path, other times I get overwhelmed by issues and events around me and in the world at large. 
I'd talked with a friend ages ago about how she keeps happy pictures (or some stuff she's written down- I don't actually remember exactly now) in her wallet. When she feels herself getting in a mental funk, she pulls them out to help stop her negative feelings escalating and, instead focus on something good and kind of 'reset' herself with more positive thoughts and, consequently, a more positive attitude.
So….. since I had that chat with her, I've been collecting 'happies from the inter webs'. While I had my iPhone with 3G, I just had some websites I found particularly fun bookmarked, (like buzzfeed.com). Animals posing like pinups, people posing inappropriately with their animals, just about anything on buzzfeed has me giggling!
While traveling, seeing as I didn't have constant internet access, when I had wifi access, I started saving pictures, memes etc. that made me smile or laugh, or that I found poignant or empowering.
I find that looking at these really helps me improve my mindset at times when I feel a bit down. 
Here are some that I've enjoyed recently^^
Let me know of any websites etc. that you use go to for a laugh!
Chuck Norris is awesome!

                                                                As are sloths (obvs!!!)













No comments:

Post a Comment