Saturday, 13 April 2013

Nha Trang

We got into Nha Trang around 6, and were treated to catching a glimpse of all of Nha Trang's silver foxes out by the beach, getting there morning exercise out of the way. There were large groups of people, wearing the same clothes, some following an exercise instructor, others doing what looked like a fan dance, and plenty of lone wolves doing the sort of ajumma and ajossi exercises we became acquainted with in Korea.

There was some confusion about where our hotel actually was (of course it was the one time I didn't have the hotel's phone number), but, luckily, the reception staff at a hotel nearby was very kind and helped us find where we needed to go- she even printed out a map for us!

As per usual, we stayed at a little budget place run by a local family. It was close to the beach, clean, had twin beds and wifi access- everything a couple of gals could ask for^^ after checking in, we washed off the sweat and grime that seems to appear during bus rides and took a nap (I'm old)

While I was snoozing, Anne had been googling things to do and places to eat. We went and had some great bean & cheese burritos at a tiny place called The Lil' Shack then lazed by the beach for a while. I had a slight disagreement with a delightful ajumma who was selling...something, I don't even remember what, after she stepped on my sarong and got sand on it after we said no thanks to buying anything. Words were exchanged, and the altercation ended with her flipping me off and spanking her ass in my direction..... Later in the afternoon, we heard shouting and looked over to see the same woman fighting with other touts by the beach. We couldn't understand what she was showing about, but we definitely understood the feeling behind the actions she was making! She was slapping her crotch and wiping her hand, palm down, up her crotch as though to flick 'stuff' at the man she was arguing with! Priceless!!!

One our second day there, we organised a driver for $5 each (I wish we knew how to ride motorbikes!) and visited the Cham towers and went to a natural hot spring and mud spa. The towers were....small towers, but the view across the bridge of Nha Trang was quite nice. I had a good time at the spa. It was quite liberating to have all my chubby bits out in public. It also helped that a lot of the other people there were large Russian ladies and gentleman, so I didn't feel like the only fatty there^^ We bathed in smelly mud, soaked in natural mineral spring water and swam in the hot pools. It was a great way to spend the morning!

We had a yummy lunch at Omar's Indian restaurant and organised our bus for our trip to Mui Ne. ( The women there was so delightful, such pleasures to deal with ><)

Nha Trang was ok. I could think of worse places to spend my time. But, I wasn't in love with it. Next up is Mui Ne and the sand dunes we've been fascinated by since looking back through Jill's blog! I'm looking forward to some sledding at the dunes!







No comments:

Post a Comment