Hoi An is a very welcome change from Hanoi! It's much less crowded, the traffic less hectic, and has a much more chilled vibe. It's a really beautiful city. Many of the buildings are remnants of the French colonization and the architecture, combined with the abundance of flowering vines that reach down from verandas and balconies, make this a truly beautiful place to be.
Having had a couple of things made in Hanoi, I promised myself that I wouldn't give into the 'fever' and get anything made in Hoi An. Hoi An is a city of tailors, you can get anything made here, from custom made shoes, to suits and dresses. Many of the shops boasted stylish designs and I wanted to give in many times- but held firm by thinking of how much I'm already over budget!^^
Anne and I spent our time here just going at our own pace and exploring the city. We wandered around, taking it all in and stopping for food at The Cargo Club. They had a bakery with fresh breads and pastries and the most amazing looking desserts! ( I gave over indulged in a brownie chocolate cake that was delicious but rendered me useless and in a sugar coma for the rest of the afternoon!)
We rented bikes for a dollar and pedaled around the outskirts of town, taking in the scenery and getting ridiculous tan lines^^ In the evening, we went by the riverside and admired the bride with all of the lanterns lit up. It was gorgeous! (Anne took some great pics with her fancy camera!)
I really enjoyed our time here and the opportunity to unwind after the hectic noise of Hanoi. It was also really nice to be able to get a handle on the layout of the city so easily, and not spend the whole time feeling lost ^^





No comments:
Post a Comment