One of my co-workers, 수진, has been bringing me korean food that her Mum has made for the last month. They know I'm trying to lose weight, so if her mum makes anything she thinks is good for me, then she makes up a little container for me- super sweet!
I had mentioned that I have a Korean cook book and want to learn how to make more Korean food. Last week 수진's mum invited me over for a cooking lesson. This woman is a machine! She spoke a little English, and , as i turns out, I have a pretty good food vocabulary, so we communicated well, with Su Jin only having to translate a little.
Her Mum had already been shopping and prepared a few things. She'd even bought some vinegar, cooking salt etc. just for me to take home because she was concerned it would be confusing for me to buy the right one!
I took notes and observed, while Su Jin took pics so I could refer to them later. We made spicy seafood soup and a few different kinds of 반찬 (side dishes).
I'll upload pics later when the net isn't being such a turd :P
No comments:
Post a Comment