Wednesday, 5 August 2009

How do you say 'Excuse me , you're butt's hangin out' in Korean?

Just a quick one to tell you about a funny but embarrassing incident yesterday.
The sun was shining, I got let out of school early and went to meet Anne to head to the beach.

On the way I made the huge mistake of being foregin while in public and an even bigger mistake by speaking to Anne in English on the bus! We obviously offended an ajossi in front of us (who, by the way, had the longest eyebrow hairs i've ever seen). It wasn't enough for him to communicate his distress at being within reach of two waegooks, he had to emphasise it with what could only have been some expletive (I may not know that much of the languag, but I know when im being berated).

We get to Gwangali, wait 50,000 hours for a pretzel (which was delicious btw) and find a spot on the beach.

So I'm munching away, enjoying the pretzle-y goodness when a little old ajumma comes and pats me on the back then points to my backside. Apparently the old girl wasn't enjoying my plumber's crack! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment