Seoul
Ok so I'm very behind with my posts. I'd like to say it's because I'm far too busy to type a few lines but the reality is that I'm just very lazy- as you well know :) Anyway, a couple of weeks ago a group of us headed to Seoul. It was nice to have a change of scenery - to some extent ( Seoul was kinda just like Busan but bigger and with some different stuff). Things didn't start off so well - we had booked accommodation at a hostel in advance and the week before we went I got an email saying they had double booked - Solly! So we booked somewhere else - a very seedy somewhere else (everything was booked cos it was a long weekend) and when our friends got there to check in , the hostel only had 2 beds instead of the 6 we needed. Just when it looked like we may spend the night in a Jimjilbang (a public bath house that you can also sleep at) - the hostel guy told us about a love motel down the road. A love motel is exactly what it sounds like - a place for couples to go to....With accommodation sorted we headed out to an Ice Bar.
We went to Seoul tower, searched for Dongdaemun (a big market) and wandered around Insadong. It was nice just to be out in the sun as it had rained the day we arrived.
Some people say Itaewon is a bit of a seedy area etc. but I enjoyed being among some diversity. There were heaps of foreigners and the locals were a little more alternative than the people of mainstream Busan. It was nice to be out amongst the tattooed and pierced folk. :)We only stayed 2 nights and so didn't see much of Seoul in the grand scheme of things so I'd like to head back at some stage- apparently there's an Aussie bar hiding somewhere!
Hey, nice blog!
ReplyDeleteI've only been to Seoul a couple of times and I've never been to Itaewon but if you head back up to Seoul, I'd recommend Hongdae. Plenty of pubs/clubs there and some nice shopping too.
My girlfriend and I will be visiting Busan for a few days soon. Can you recommend somewhere to visit?
Chris
P.S. Cheers for your support of our blog. So you're from Melbourne too, right?