I know it's a little late, but better late than never :P February 14th marked the Korean New Year- so to celebrate some friends and I took a short trip to Fukuoka, Japan.
It was a great getaway and I really enjoyed the diversity and individuality of the Japanese even in this smaller town. We had no accommodation booked for the Saturday night but it turned out not to be a big problem as the hostel we booked for the Sunday had enough beds for us ladies and the capsule hotel/public bath house down the street had room for Stu.
We saw some of the sights and ended up in this great little (and very expensive) bar that housed every piece of Beatles paraphernalia imaginable! The manager even had Beatles Karaoke and treated us to a tune or two before making a mistake I'm sure she'll regret for quite some time- handing us a microphone :P
However, this isnt the focus of my post- what I want to write about are my New Year's resolutions. Resolutions usually translates to me as - something I say when wasted on New Year's Eve then make excuses to justify why I haven't followed through with them for the rest of the year. But this time it will be different- really :P
One thing I am resolved to do this year is be more consistent with my blog and learn how to use it properly- you know- make it pretty and stuff :P. Just before Christmas I started reading a friend's blog and I realised how disappointed I was with myself for not keeping up with mine. Part of it has been laziness (well mostly if I'm going to be honest) and part of it has been feeling like a pompous douche writing about myself and what I do. But reading my friend's blog, I saw how much her family and friends back home loved to read and see pics about what she was up to. It was also such a great way for her to look back and reflect on her year.
So- after a shaky start to keeping up with my resolution (given that new year was feb 14 and its now feb 24 :/ ..... I am going to aim for one post each week. Im going to put the link to my blog on my fb page so I'll be more accountable.
This weekend I move to a new apartment- in a much better part of Busan and start on Monday at a new school. I've used the move as an excuse not to bother starting at a gym over the last few months- after all, what's the point in joining one when I'll just have to find a new one when I move? Right? :P So my first goal is to actually join a gym next week. If it's written here maybe I'll feel more motivation to actually do it :/ I'll let you know how I go with that one :P
I never make resolutions! You've inspired me though. I'll make some with you...I'll keep up my blog (about my lame life) and join a gym. Lover you!
ReplyDelete